CAUTION
THIS BLOG IS ON HIATUS.
Lulu. Get off the sofa!
Entry About Links Faqs Biases Follow




The Bane and the Boon

Saturday, 17 November 2012 @ 14:31 | 0 Comment [s]

I opened my eyes to the bright summer sky up above my head. Perhaps, it was the daylight that blinded me, but something in the wind that blew gently against my body seemed to whisper into my ears that there was magic in the air. The clouds were tinged a slight yellow, and the sun was barely visible amidst the fluffy white.

I shifted a little, feeling the sand move beneath my body. The grains of sand were small, smooth against my skin, and seemed to be covering most of my body like a blanket. I shifted slightly again, this time regaining control of my fingertips. My legs felt as though they were pinned down and bound, and as I tried to move them, my muscles were met with an unfamiliar heaviness that weighed my legs down.

I shut my eyes gently, listening to the soft call of the birds far away, coupled with the fluttering of wings and the soft, mellow tune in the wind. I began to gather up my strength, and I tried to ball my hands up into fists. These attempts came to no avail, and silently, I began to give up.

It was a long time later before I became strangely aware of how coarse the sand actually was - and for the first time, I threw up my arm into the air above, choking as the sand scattered across my face. Gingerly, I shook off the sand on my other arm, and made an attempt to sit up, and as I did, the sand slowly fell aside.

The cool wind blew against my bare skin gently, and I shivered weakly. Gradually, I began to regain control of my legs as well, and as I tried to stand, a wave of shock and numbness ran through my body. My knees buckled, and I fell back onto the ground, coughing as my face hit the sand once more.

A compelling melody rung through the air, seemingly calling out to me - was I saved?

"Help," I murmured into the sand weakly. "Help..."

The daylight blinded me, and I saw only white, before everything faded out to black.

-----

I started on a new story yesterday, whilst waiting for the ceremony to begin. This is only a short excerpt from the first chapter, and to be honest, I have no idea how the story's going to turn out. Either way, I guess it's all in a good day's work.

[Song-Of-The-Post: Titanium] (Check Out The Top!)


Post a Comment


Older Post | Newer Post
Hello

Hi there!
How do you pronounce this? Cassidy? Curse? Blah.


Applause


Template by : EXGSHOO
Navigation: WANASEOBY
Basecode by : DOMO
Full Edited : Cassidy